Posted by The ArachNerd on September 14, 2012
While babysitting the most awesome baby girl on the planet (aka; my first grandchild, who – since this is a public blog – I will refer to as “T”) I decided to test her little brain so that we know what we’re dealing with. Here are the results:
Let’s start off kind of easy, shall we… What is 2 + 3?
Excellent! The answer is 5. How about the square root of 25?
Nicely done, Sweet T. I think you’ve got a handle on math. Let’s move on to science. What is the atomic number of the element ‘Boron’?
Whoa! You’re good, kid. So if the planets in our solar system were numbered 1-8, beginning with the closest to the sun, what number would Jupiter be?
That’s right. (And we won’t even begin to get into the Pluto discussion right now – not until you’re at least 9 months old.) Let’s try a different subject. Which constitutional amendment protects against abuse of government authority in a legal procedure?
The Fifth Amendment is correct, Baby T. Very good! How about popular culture? Of the six Star Wars movies, which one is the best?
That’s right – Episode 5, the Empire Strikes Back! (I know technically that’s kind of a subjective question, but you knew what answer your grandpa wanted to hear, didn’t you? Smart!) Ok, out of her 15 Grammy Nominations, how many has Lady Gaga actually won (undeservedly)?
Dang Little T, that was a tough one, but you got it! Last question, baby girl; when Matt Holliday was traded from the Rockies to the Cardinals in 2009, he had to change his number to 15, and then change it again to 7 the following year. What number did he wear for the majority of his career before coming to St. Louis?
8 for 8! I’m impressed!
Posted in General Randomness | Tagged: baby, cute, granddaughter, q&a | 1 Comment »
Posted by The ArachNerd on December 22, 2008
Following Art’s lead today, here are the Answers to last Monday’s Random Music Meme. Some of them may have been tricky since they were covers of classics, like Eric Clapton, Keb’ Mo’, etc.
- Steve McQueen Steve McQueen; when I was a little boy I wanted to grow up to be… (Steve McQueen, Drive-By Truckers)
- Sweeter than honey can be to your tongue tongue (She’s A Yum Yum – Charlie Rich)
- Up in the morning and out to school, teacher is teaching the golden rule (School Days – Chuck Berry)
- Long distance information give me Memphis Tennessee (Memphis – Johnny rivers)
- Just walking in the rain, getting soaking wet (Just Walkin’ In The Rain – Eric Clapton & The Impressions)
- How come I end up where I started? (15 Step – Radiohead)
- Grandma’s hands clapped in church on Sunday mornings (Grandma’s Hands – Keb’ Mo’)
- Only the lonely know the way I feel tonight (Only The Lonely – Chris Isaak)
- You sing a song while sitting at a red light (Red Light – Jonny Lang)
- A key in the door, a step on the floor, a note on the table, and a meal in the micro (Shoe Box – Barenaked Ladies)
- When I was a child my family would travel down to Western Kentucky where my parents were born (Paradise – John Prine)
- Don’t ask her how she knows, but she knows It’s gonna be great (Flyaway – Joan Osborne)
- Mothers hands were lined with dirt from long days in the field (Too Bad – Nickelback)
- Trouble going round, trouble going down (Heart Shaped World – Chris Isaak)
- First I rise, then I fall (Fanny [Be Tender With My Love] – The BeeGees… ah the beauty of Randomness! LOL.)
- Oh I’m on my way, I know I am, somewhere not so far from here (Sitting – Cat Stevens)
- There’s a story in our town of the prettiest girl around (Ballad Of A Teenage Queen – Johnny Cash)
- I see your money on the floor, I felt the pocket change (Gardening At Night – R.E.M.)
- You wait, wanting this world to let you in (Let Love In – GooGoo Dolls)
- She walked by the ocean and waited for a star to carry her away (Rosie’s Lullaby – Norah Jones)
- Last night I said to her I didn’t want to live inside a lie (She’ll Come Back To Me – Cake)
- If you want to make the weather, then you have to take the blame (I Keep Faith – Billy Bragg)
- Only a tramp was Lazarus sad fate, he who lay down at the rich man’s gate (A Tramp On the Street – Charlie Haden & Rachel Haden)
- We are the roses in the garden, beauty with thorns among our leaves (Eden – 10,000 Maniacs)
- Little ditty about Jack & Diane… (Jack & Diane – John Mellencamp)
Posted in Music | Tagged: meme, q&a, random iPod Shuffle | 1 Comment »
Posted by The ArachNerd on February 5, 2008
Q: What is the difference between a Primary & a Caucus?
A: The word Caucus induces more giggles among the 12-15 year old boy demographic.
Q: Is the plural of Caucus, “Caucii”?
A: Yup. At least in my vocabulary it is!
Q: Why is winning California so important to the candidates?
A: Because the rest of the country trusts Californians – after all they elected the Kindergarten Cop as their governor not once, but TWICE!
Q: Why is this Tuesday referred to as Super?
A: The term was first used in 1984 when Walter Mondale secured the Democratic candidacy because he was such a big fan of the Christopher Reeve & Richard Pryor collaboration in Superman 3.
Q: Is there any significance to Super Tuesday falling on Mardi Gras (aka Fat Tuesday) this year?
A: Yes – after casting your ballot today, if you show the election workers your breasts, they’ll give you a string of beads.
Q: With both of the Democratic front-runners basically handicapped (woman/black) who do you think will win the nomination?
A: I have to go with Obama, based exclusively on the Oprah factor.
If you have any more questions about Super Tuesday, just ask & I will be happy to ignore… I mean answer them.
I am the Arachnerd & I approved this blog.
Posted in General Randomness | Tagged: candidate, election, president, q&a, super tuesday | 2 Comments »