- I may be one of those damned liberal democrats.
- I may strongly oppose the war in Iraq.
- I may think our president is a bumbling moron.
- I may believe that the way many people wear & display stars & stripes is a form of flag desecration.
- I may not display magnetic ribbons on my truck.
- I may be more than happy to never hear Lee Greenwood’s “God Bless the USA” ever again.
- I may often be embarrassed by how our country is perceived around the world.
- I may even own books written by Al Franken.
But I never take for granted the freedoms & rights that living here grants me. Nor do I ever diminish the sacrifices that our men & women in uniform have made & are making. Even though I have my own hang-ups about it, I love this country & am damn proud to be part of it. I pray for our nation, it’s administration & our soldiers daily.
Happy Independence Day.
“You’re not to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.” – Malcolm X