Work Desk Essentials For This SysAdmin:
- iPod – the music keeps me sane.
- Red Swingline Stapler – blatant Milton reference, a must for any informed cube dweller.
- Headphones – for those really bad days when I don’t want to be bothered. And if they’re big enough, I don’t even have to be listening to anything in order to get away with ignoring people.
- Pen/Pencil Cup – and can you see the Tide Pen in there? That’s the real necessity for me & my wardrobe!
- Darth Vader Bobble-heads – to show my allegiance to the dark side & to protect the pencil cup!
- Dave Barry daily calendar – for my morning chuckle.
- iTop – fulfills 2 of my passions; spinning tops & geeky tech toys.
- Mini St. Louis Cardinals McFarlane figures of Pujols & Edmonds – Go Cards! (and McFarlane toys just rock!)
- Plastic Spider – just for fun.
- Demotivational Coffee cup by despair.com – gotta have a vessel to get my daily dose of caffeine, so it might as well reflect who I am. It’s also sitting on a coaster made from a circuit board.
- 19” LCD Monitor – so I can keep up with Cardinal day games with ESPN’s live gamecast.
- Stress Ball – before last week there were two. I accidentally ripped one in half Thursday – not a good day to be me.
- Hangman’s Noose that I tied out of a CAT5 Network Cable – if you have to ask, you’ll never understand.
14. Nerf dart gun – for protection against random network clients.
15. Atomix Radio-Controlled Clock – because you just have to know when the official 4:00PM rolls around according to WWVB near Fort Collins, Colorado… and just how far past it you have to stay.