When I sold a single baseball card a few weeks ago for upwards of $400, one of the first things I bought myself was a new iPod. My wife immediately requested the old one of course, and I obliged; she bought it for me after all. One of the few things I will concede that Apple has done right is iPod/iTunes. With the possible exception of how proprietary everything they release is. That being said, my last few days have been spent fighting fires and malicious attacks on our servers so blog posts have been short & sweet. I expect the rest of the week to be more of the same unfortunately. So in the meantime, here’s a quick random iPod shuffle from the new gadget in my life:
- Untitled Instrumental – Buddy Guy
- Sleeping in the Flowers – TMBG
- Blessed – Robert Randolph & the Family Band
- Sun Comes Up, it’s Tuesday Morning – Cowboy Junkies
- Land of 1000 Dances – Wilson Pickett
- When the War Came – The Decemberists
- Come on Feel the Illinois, Part 1: The World’s Columbian Exposition – Sufjan Stevens
- Living Well Is the Best Revenge – R.E.M.
- Revolution – the Derek Trucks Band
- High Fidelity – Elvis Costello & the Attractions
- Fashion Victim – Green Day
- Mountain Time – Joe Bonamassa
- Love That Man – Big Sandy & His Fly-Rite Boys
- Dirt Road Eulogy – Mat D.
- Moon River – Los Straightjackets
Always slightly disappointing if not downright disturbing, isn’t it?