Thanks to ART for this one. Here are the rules;
Put your music library on shuffle.
Post the first lines of the first 25 songs that come up.
Readers guess which songs the first lines are from.
“Googling” is cheating!
I went ahead and included those songs with the title in the first line. It would’ve eliminated some good stuff, and I’m not sure it even helps sometimes; except in the case of #25. I did however skip an instrumental or two.
- Steve McQueen Steve McQueen; when I was a little boy I wanted to grow up to be…
- Sweeter than honey can be to your tongue tongue
- Up in the morning and out to school, teacher is teaching the golden rule
- Long distance information give me Memphis Tennessee
- Just walking in the rain, getting soaking wet
- How come I end up where I started?
- Grandma’s hands clapped in church on Sunday mornings
- Only the lonely know the way I feel tonight
- You sing a song while sitting at a red light
- A key in the door, a step on the floor, a note on the table, and a meal in the micro
- When I was a child my family would travel down to Western Kentucky where my parents were born
- Don’t ask her how she knows, but she knows It’s gonna be great
- Mothers hands were lined with dirt from long days in the field
- Trouble going round, trouble going down
- First I rise, then I fall
- Oh I’m on my way, I know I am, somewhere not so far from here
- There’s a story in our town of the prettiest girl around
- I see your money on the floor, I felt the pocket change
- You wait, wanting this world to let you in
- She walked by the ocean and waited for a star to carry her away
- Last night I said to her I didn’t want to live inside a lie
- If you want to make the weather, then you have to take the blame
- Only a tramp was Lazarus sad fate, he who lay down at the rich man’s gate
- We are the roses in the garden, beauty with thorns among our leaves
- Little ditty about Jack & Diane…