This week’s Five on Friday is in response to a challenge posed by the FOF Meme’s creator & host, Travis.
Here’s the challenge: instead of 5 songs that can be grouped together by a central theme, this list is comprised of 5 songs in which each song is in some way linked to the one before it. 5 songs – 5 degrees of separation.
And to make it even more interesting, Travis picked song number 1. So everyone participating today is starting from the same place, but I would imagine that we will all end up somewhere completely different.
I chose to link song and album titles. Here is the logic (if you can call it that):
- The beginning song is Gordon Lightfoot’s Sundown.
- Come Around Sundown is the fifth studio album by Kings of Leon. One of my favorite songs on that album is titled Pyro.
- Pyromania is an early 80’s classic rock album by Def Leppard. The second single from that album was Rock of Ages.
- Rock of Ages is the title of a 1972 live double album by The Band. The Shape I’m In is one of their two songs (along with The Weight) most covered by other artists.
- The Colour and the Shape is the second studio album by the Foo Fighters. Since there is nothing else to link it to, I just chose my favorite song from that album, Everlong.
So there you go: from Gordon Lightfoot to Dave Grohl in 5 moves.
Consider joining the Five on Friday crew – the rules are simple and its lots of fun. (And if you don’t then… you’re not cool) – Check out Travis’ site for more details!